Capturing streaming audio

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Tue Dec 2 16:34:30 PST 2003

I'm also testing the latest release of RAW. For some reason (probably
my age) I didn't grok RAW, but I think I'm recording as we speak.

One difference: RAW records in AAC, while Audio Hijack records in aiff.
Considering that any streams likely of pretty poor quality, would that
matter? I guess Audio Hijack could capture streams of applications
playing audio that's actually on the hard drive.

Given that such applications are available, why can't any recording
application, such as Sound Studio, record whatever the Mac's playing?

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com