AppleWorks 6.2.4 spreadsheet

phlbrck phlbrck at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 10:15:59 PST 2003

I have done something stupid in AW 6 and cannot locate the source of trouble. I have a spreadsheet which is used to record software registration numbers and has never contained any arithmetic functions.

I just inserted a row of cells for a new app and found that it insists on making hash of the number. Entering 11 digits is fine, but entering the 12th digit turns into

	1.1111111111e+11

I have (i) pitched the pref files; (ii) turned off auto-calculate; (iii) deleted and recreated the row of cells; (iv) checked every last control and preference known to man; and (v) cussed.

This simple spreadsheet has been used for several years and it has never been a problem. What have I done wrong?

Ken Philbrick
iMac600/10.3.1/80G/768MB