[X-Apps] [OT] USB Hub

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 04:02:27 PST 2003

On Dec 5, 2003,, at 7:27 PM, hart at nasw.org wrote:

> I'm looking for a four-port USB hub. All suggestions appreciated. This
> will go on a G5, connecting an HP printer and possibly a scanner. No
> particular looks or size requirements, but must be plug 'n' play with
> Panther and beyond.

Hello

I am using a belkin USB 1.1, externally powered , 4 port hub with
Panther

Connects an Epson740 Printer and an Epson 1260 Photo Scanner

For details Go to the Belkin site:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?
Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2052&pcount=&Product_Id=20908

There are resellers that will give you a lower price.Use your search
engine to find

BTW: For future expansion, you could look into USB 2.0. I believe that
they are USB 1.1 backward compatible (?)
Also, I strongly recommend selecting an externally powered hub!

Albert
Dual 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 (FW800)
1.75 GB DDR SDRAM
OS Panther 10.3.1