[X-Apps] Two iTunes questions

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Tue Dec 23 07:43:29 PST 2003

On Dec 22, 2003, at 23:11, W Lane wrote:

> Under Edit menu, select View Options.

I think I perhaps did not make myself clear.  I'm talking about the
browser windows that appear above the list of songs.  If you open
iTunes (4.2), click on the Library icon to display your library, then
click on the Browse button at the top right of the iTunes window (or do
apple+b to Show Browser).  This Browse function causes three browsing
windows to appear at the top of the iTunes window.  One is Genre, one
is Artist, one is Album.  They are not controlled by the Edit > View
Options; that controls the columns one sees in the library/playlist
window, not the Browse windows.  I want to know how to get rid of (or
move) the Genre browse window.

> Drag them to wherever you want them, in whatever order you want them

How?  Again, I'm talking about the three Browser window sections that
appear when you have 'Show Browser' enabled.  I've tried every
key-click combination, click-drag combination that I can think of and
the Browser windows do not move.

Gretchen