iDVD Missing

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 26 09:55:58 PST 2003

>Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 18:26:27 -0500
>Subject: Re: [X-Apps]
>From: Judi Sohn <lists at momathome.com>
>
>On 12/24/03 2:54 PM, "John McGilvary" <jmcgilvary at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  I had a hard disk failure on my 90 day old G4. Bummer in itself.
>>  Next, when I got it back, I updated Panther with a security patch that
>>  just seemed to make it all go to heck.
>>  Well, I did a clean install to fix that,
>>  Now I just realized that I do not have iDVD!
>>  Can any one help me to know how to pull it off the install disk and get
>>  it installed?
>
>You need to go back to the original DVD that came with your G4 and run the
>restore application. That should put back all the applications that came
>with the machine. The base Panther install won't put any of the iLife
>applications back.
>
>--
>Judi Sohn
>Mom at Home Design
>judi at momathome.com
>http://www.momathome.com

Don't do a complete restore. Just grab the applications you want
using Pacifist (get it at versiontracker.com)
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html