iPhoto Causes Kernel Panic

Ken ken at schneider.net
Mon Jan 6 10:26:26 PST 2003

 > I have been using iPhoto since it was released with no problems.
 > Now, all of a sudden it is causing kernel panics.  If I plug in my
 > camera or if I just try to  start it from the dock with no camera
 > attached, I get the window that says I need to hold down the power
 > button or restart.  I tried re-installing iPhoto 1.1.1 and I upgraded
 > 10.2.3 but neither worked.  What should I do to get it working again?
 >  I have thousands of photos in the library that I don't want to loose.
 > Most are backed up onto CD but what a pain to re-enter everything.
 > I'm running 10.2.3 on a B&W G3 that has been upgraded with a
 > NewerTech G4/450.

Upon further investigation, I found that when I boot off the Jaguar CD
and run Disk Utility, the OS X boot partition is grayed out and will
not mount.  When I run First Aid it says that the OS X partition has an
"Invalid Extent Entry".  No matter how many times I click the Repair
button, the error stays there.  Is my only option to wipe the partition
clean?

Thanks,

-= Ken =-