[X-Apps] Safari warning...

peter boardman pete.boardman at pobox.com
Fri Jan 10 01:06:09 PST 2003

Bill Reburn (bill at pacificcoast.net) said on 9/1/03,
14:31:

>I fear this may be the culprit behind A) Macjanitor not
>working all of a sudden. B) SoftWare Update giving an
>Unexpected Error when checking for Updates. C) Classic
>not wanting to Startup (which doesn't matter for me
>anymore, because I just turfed it)
>
>Anyone else?

No - all these are working fine for me, luckily.

I hope everyone read the small print before installing
Safari:

IMPORTANT NOTE:  THIS IS TRIAL, PRE-RELEASE, TIME-LIMITED
SOFTWARE MEANT FOR EVALUATION PURPOSES ONLY.  THIS SOFTWARE
SHOULD NOT BE USED IN A COMMERCIAL OPERATING ENVIRONMENT OR
WITH IMPORTANT DATA.  BEFORE INSTALLING THE APPLE SOFTWARE,
YOU SHOULD BACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA AND REGULARLY BACK UP
DATA WHILE USING THE APPLE SOFTWARE.

I wonder how many of us took any notice?

Pete