[X-Apps] Mail in Foreign Language

Akravudh Osathanukrah akravudh at ksc11.th.com
Sun Jan 12 17:32:23 PST 2003

The exact same situation happens with email messages in Thai language.
I believe the reason is that there is no standard on the internet for
Thai language encoding. There exists only sub-standard - Thai DOS (for
PC) and Mac Thai (for Macintosh).

I can read email messages written in Thai which are sent from Windows
PC by selecting Thai DOS in the Text Encodings of the Format menu in
the Mail Application. But, Windows users cannot decode Thai language
email sent from Mac users.

I'm not sure whether this explanation can apply to the encoding of
Korean language on the internet. But, I thought I share my experiences.

Cheers,

--
Akravudh Osathanukrah
Email: akravudh at ksc11.th.com