Mail.app and Windows attachments

Eagle eagle243 at mac.com
Wed Jan 15 14:34:30 PST 2003

Greetings, all.

Several times recently, my father has sent email, with JPEG
attachments, to me on my Linux box.  Every time, these emails do not
show up with JPEG attachments, but with a "winmail.dat" file attached.
However, if my father instead sends these mails to my .Mac address, I
receive the attachments without problem.

Other Windows users can send JPEG attachments to my Linux account, and
I receive them without any problems.

My father doesn't know much about his Outlook Express, and I know
absolutely nothing about it.  Anybody have any ideas of what we should
look at so that I can receive attachments from him to my other address?

Eagle