[X-Apps] Password protection for files

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 20 06:54:23 PST 2003

On 1/20/03 15:48, "Michael Marlowe" <mmarlowe at attbi.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to password protect a individual file or a folder on OS X?
> Or do I need to find a program that does that for me?

You can use Disk Copy (in the Utilities folder) to create an encrypted disk
image. But there's no other way to encrypt a single file or folder.

Kirk

              Co-author of Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out
                http://www.mcelhearn.com/insideout.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .