[X-Apps] Scanner

Andrew J. Yon III ayon2 at sc.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 16:18:03 PST 2003

on 1/28/03 3:59 PM, Joan Norstedt at macintoshgranny at earthlink.net wrote:

> <snip>
> how you intend to use the proposed scanner. I hope this helps in
> some way.
> Andy3
>
> Andy, thanks for the information. I would be using the scanner for the
> same purposes as you. I am working to get my genelogy files, photos,
> documents, etc. into my database. I haven't seen too many flatbed
> scanners made just for OX10. I will be doing away with OX9 in the near
> future, and don't want a scanner that must run from classic.
>

> ~FLOOR: The place for storing your priceless genealogy records~

Then I believe you will be happy with almost any of the Canon or Epson
Models. Those two companies have done excellent work making sure their
products work in both OS9 and in OSX. Also Apple has worked with them and
include their drivers already in Jag. Just compare the prices and options of
each scanner for options you wish to have. They are all good at text, and
photos. There are options, as I said b4, for slide and film scanning on some
of the models. Good luck on your Genealogy work. Which application and what
OS do you use for your Genealogy work ? I wish FTM had not decided again to
abandon Macs. I would also like to get away from having to Use VPC or
windoze, but still have lots of holes in my tree work. It is so slow on that
dark side.

Andy3