SCSI / Umax Scanner and OS X

Andrew Smith ostman4200 at suscom.net
Thu Jan 30 15:29:48 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 08:44  AM, Robert wrote:
> I use VueScan with an Microtek E6 (SCSI). It seems that I have to
> reboot
> everytime I decide to scan and have my scanner turned on later during
> work
> session. Is this normal behavior?
>
> I have an G4 with OS X.2.3. and an Adaptec SCSI Card (a cheap one).

I have a UMAX scanner working with VueScan, and I use the following
work-around:
Boot up with your scanner on.
Start up VueScan and verify that your scanner is showing up.
Hide the VueScan application.
Unplug the scanner.

When ready to scan, plug in the scanner and click on the VueScan dock
item.

While not perfect, I can save the life of my scanner bulb, yet not need
to reboot every time I need to scan.

Andy Smith