[X-Apps] sftp and Browsers

Dan Frakes lists at frakes.org
Tue Jul 1 09:30:20 PDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:44:12 +0200, R. Welz <r_welz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Can I configure Safari to allow use of sftp protocol to browse files on
> other computers? Or is there another browser who speaks this protocol?
>
> I mean I want to use
> sftp://username@ip.goes.here.xx
>
> SSH is configured and up, ssh and sftp from the terminal works.

There are currently no Web browsers for OS X that support SFTP. I'd
recommend a dedicated SFTP client. Transmit is my favorite based on its
stellar interface, although it's $25. Fugu doesn't have quite as good an
interface, but it's still quite nice, and free.

<http://www.panic.com/transmit/>
<http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/>

--
Mac OS X Power Tools: