Web Page Design Software

Tim and Karen Schneider karentim at qwest.net
Sun Jul 27 10:31:09 PDT 2003

I've been toying around with several..

generic .mac photo templates
http://homepage.mac.com/timschneider

then a localized web server running on my G4 at home
(running Michael Mulligans "myPhoto")
http://agent0068.dyndns.org/~mike/projects/myPhoto/
this set of scripts selectively share your iPhoto
libraries using a local Apache web server.  I had to
use port 8080 as my ISP typically blocks outbound
port 80 traffic.  This coupled with a free registration
at www.dyndns.org results in the following URL
http://tims.homeunix.net:8080/~tims/myPhoto/index.php

A couple of others (free)
==========================
http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17328
jalbum.. (java based)

Free advanced web photo album generator with index pages and
slideshows. Now with JSP/ASP-like scripting, integrated smart FTP
client, improved EXIF handling and more. Drop folders containing
image and movie files onto JAlbum. JAlbum will create thumbnails of
your images and display them in index pages in HTML. You can also
have JAlbum produce slide shows of your images for easy navigation.
The apperance of the generated albums can be fully configured through
the use of skins

Gallerie
==========
This freeware OS X application exports an iPhoto selection as a Web
page, adding a few tweaks to iPhoto's built-in HTML export.
Didier Guillion has released Galerie 2.5, a freeware program for Mac
OS X to export an iPhoto selection as a Web page. The program was
written in AppleScript Studio.

In comparison to the iPhoto's HTML export, Gallerie provides:
Accented character export in HTML;
Exif data in Web pages (exposure, aperture, flash, etc.)  using the
Jhead library (included);
improved page appearance;
image quality selection;
HTML templates; and
text fields with image display (for example, copyright information).
http://www.myriad-online.com/perso/photos/
http://www.myriad-online.com/perso/photos/galerie.html

karentim at uswest.net
Tim and Karen Schneider