Web Design Software

Darin Duphorne darind at houston.rr.com
Mon Jul 28 09:38:30 PDT 2003

Everyone has pointed out the many solutions to convert images/folders
to static pages.  But, I continue to be amazed at the utter lack of
inexpensive or freeware wysiwyg HTML editors for OSX compared to
Windows.  Netscape is pretty much the only game in town for the
non-professional, and I find it to be big, slow, and unwieldy.  From
what I can tell on the demo, Stone's "Create" doesn't use a standard
approach to html design  (it's hard to tell, really, since the demo
won't let you see the html it would generate based on a particular
design).  This is particularly surprising in light of the history of
macs in web design.  This is even more surprising in light of the
NeXT-based HTML editor/web browser that started it off at CERN.  I
can't believe no one has converted that to modern cocoa.