[X-Apps] How to make animated gifs?

David Tinker dave at whateverwerx.com
Thu Jun 5 09:47:21 PDT 2003

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 06:01  AM, John B. Thoo wrote:

> I have been thinking about how to give the user/viewer an _option_ to
> view the animation again w/out reloading the page, but I haven't been
> able to think of a nice way.  Stephen, you suggested asking for
> suggestions on the GoLive list if I'm not on a Web design list already
> (which I'm not): do you have an address for the GoLive list?  I may
> lurk there; I may even post a question if I work up the nerve.

John

The GL list is hosted at
http://www.blueworld.com/blueworld/lists/golive.html

The "looping is annoying" thang comes up when the animation is just a
graphic element on a page with no real purpose. If you are using it to
demonstrate a point or to educate the viewer, then offering the ability
to replay the animation is valid. The easiest way is to loop the
playback. Having a clickable replay button requires a movie, either
QuickTime or Flash.

Dave Tinker
WhateverWerx Multimedia