[X-Apps] Virtual PC 5 in 10.2.6

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Sat Jun 7 11:37:36 PDT 2003

Steven Rogers said...

> Anyone using virtual PC 5 in 10.2.6?  I'm using VPC 5.04 and haven't
> booted it for a while.       <snippage occurs here>
> I've pretty much decided I'm not going to upgrade anymore.
> Looks too much like they're trying to turn it into a cash cow. So if it
> won't boot, I'm probably going to erase it. Everything was backed up
> outside VPC.

Hi Steven:

I use VPC 6.0 daily on my machine (TiPBG4-800, 1GB DRAM, OS 10.2.6, W2K
with 512KB RAM allocation) and it works flawlessly.  I agree that
previous releases of VPC had some real ugly performance issues -- I
tried them all with both W98SE and W2K, and none of them really worked
adequately under OS X.  But, I think Connectix got it right with VPC
6.0.

I use Microsoft Project 2K and IE (for those nasty sites with
x86-specific Java) every day, with occasional use of Outlook and other
Windows-specific apps.  With a totally clean install of both VPC and
W2K I've (knock on wood) had zero blue screens.

FWIW and YMMV.

Jim