Multiple crashes?

Doug Irvine dougandmarie at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 9 08:14:52 PDT 2003

Ya know...I have been on this list,and others, for a considerable time
and have been running OS X in all of it's incarnations since it became
available. Since I got my flat panel 700mhz I have had ONE kernel panic,
and it was due to my own stupidity. Against the wishes of my Mac dealer,
I wiped the HD, partitioned it in 3, running 10 on one, 9.2.2 on one,
and keep one blank, or spare to move stuff to when Jaguar gets restless,
eg: too full. I fail to understand how some folk have so many problems
running these systems. My Mac runs from 7 AM until 11 PM 7 days and in
the 13 months I have owned it, I have had one freeze. I still run
numerous apps from the "old days"on the 9 partition, even original
Wofenstein,for goodness sakes. I do all my photo work with old pics on
the 9 partition, and use iPhoto for anything new, and move it over to
the 9 partition if I wish to modify with PhotoShop. This Mac works like
a Mac should, and I enjoy using Jaguar more and more, but I don't have
to abandon my old apps so I get along fine with nine:-) Cheers,Doug in BC