In a fix

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Thu Jun 12 10:39:23 PDT 2003

I've gotten myself into a fix, and wonder if there's some help here.

My son's iBook had an extra user on it that I couldn't delete. (I think
some fixit folk at his college may have created the user when he had a
hard drive problem some time back.)

I set System Preferences > Users > Login Options to List of Users.

At the first restart, and afterward, the startup is normal up to the
point that the desktop shows up. Then All I see is the stripy
background, with no icons, no menubar, etc. Disk Utility says
everything is OK. Any hints?

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com