[X-Apps] VueScan Batch Scanning Instructions

The Mailman uspsguy at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 17 19:33:28 PDT 2003

on 6/16/03 10:24 PM, Cubeistan's computer told me:

> My scanning proficiency is pretty limited but I read and follow
> instructions pretty well most of the time. Yet I'm in the VueScan
> (7.6.47) Input Tab, all possible options visible, and I'll be
> switched there's anything there or in the pull down choices that lets
> me execute the website instructions below for Batch Scanning! What am
> I missing? Please somebody make me smart...
>
> "To scan multiple images in a batch, set "Input|Batch scan" to "All"
> to scan all frames in a device, or set it to "List" and type in the
> list of frames (i.e. "4 3 1" for frames 4, 3 and 1, in that order)".

Going to "VueScan Help" under the Help Menu gives a listing for Batch
Scanning which includes the following:

Batch scanning

VueScan normally previews or scans a single frame at a time. If you want to
do multiple frames at a time, use the "Input|Batch scan" option.

There are two types of scanners that can do batch scanning: scanners that
can randomly address individual images (like movable film holders or a
flatbed set up for multiple frames in a grid) and scanners that can eject
the current image and insert the next image (like the Nikon SF-200 slide
feeder or the Epson Automatic Document Feeder). Both types of scanners can
do batch scanning with the "Input|Batch scan" option.

You can significantly speed up batch scanning on some scanners by setting
two options so the preview won't be done when you do a scan. To do this, set
the cropping for all the frames, then clear "Crop|Auto position". In
addition, if the "Input|Lock exposure" option is displayed, turn it on and
set "Input|RGB exposure" to either "1" or a value greater than one that
won't overexpose any of the images.

You can batch scan multiple photos, slides or film strips on a flatbed
scanner if you lay them out in a rectangular grid and use the following
procedure:

*    Press the Preview button
*    Set "Crop|More options" to "All"
*    Set "Crop|Crop size" to the size of each image (don't use "Auto")
*    Move the crop box to the top left image (hold the shift key)
*    Set "Crop|X images" to the number of images across
*    Set "Crop|Y images" to the number of images down
*    Set "Crop|X spacing" to the distance between the left sides of two
images
*    Set "Crop|Y spacing" to the distance between the tops of two images

<<at this point, the appropriate option appears in the 'Input' tab>>

*    Set "Input|Batch scan" to "All"
*    Press the Scan button

Hope this helps,
Dave