AppleWorks6AutoCalc

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Sat Mar 1 19:09:12 PST 2003

Hi,

I was developing a fairly elaborate spreadsheet (involved logic
statements in computations), and suddenly found that I was getting
wrong answers as I tested. It turned out that the calculations were not
updating as I made changes to the inputs.

I found that I could make the calculations work if I clicked on
"Calculate Now in the "Calculate"  menu" each time I changed an input.
I have verified that "Auto-Calculate" is checked in the "Calculate"
menu and I turned it off and then back on with no effect.

I thought that maybe the logic statements were too long but I found
that inputs to simple statements did not calculate either. What I can't
understand, is that the SS was updating fine earlier and then suddenly
began not recalculating when I change an input.

I have reinstalled AW6 and still get the same results. Anyone have an
idea about the cause of this?

Thanks, Bob