[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Bill Reburn bill at pacificcoast.net
Sat Mar 15 15:25:49 PST 2003

On 3/15/03 1:22 PM, "Mike Warren" <tvillemw at alltel.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, March 15, 2003, at 01:55  PM, Bill Reburn wrote:
>> Very frustrating to have IE get amnesia right in the middle of a secure
>> banking session. Doubly frustrating because as much as everyone likes
>> slag it, it works in more places than any other.. So I keep it aboard.
>
> Maybe IE really doesn't work well with all web sites, maybe your bank
> changed something on its site.

Thanks for your interest, but I am not concerned with IE working with all
websites (what browser are you suggesting works with more?).. I only use it
from time to time when Safaribeta chokes (which is not too often, but often
enough). Also this has nothing to do with the bank (they haven't changed
anything), the amnesia happens elsewhere also, as the first post (not mine)
mentioned.

> As a long-time slagger, I haven't kept up my copy of MS-IE, I'm at
> version 5.2.1. I experimented with a few preferences and had no trouble
> keeping them between sessions.

Well you're on a different version so that helps umm.. Somehow..
V5.2.2 has worked fine for me up until I re-installed it. Something broke
somewhere, has nothing to do with the sites I am visiting..

Bill Reburn