[X-Apps] Preferences-not being saved

Jim Crate jcrate at deepskytech.com
Sat Mar 15 19:28:41 PST 2003

on 3/15/03 6:37 PM, Bill Reburn at bill at pacificcoast.net wrote:

> Safari IS looking better, slowly, but still - it's not there! not an option!
> comprende? I am not using IE by choice here - I am using it in light of
> Safari's weakness (it's beta and isn't 100%). I don't need an alternative, I
> need to fix IE. Guess I will try a new install and see what happens.

I've seen this problem with IE before, on MacOS 9.  I believe I had to
delete both IE's prefs and the Internet Control Panel's prefs to make it
start working properly again.

As an alternative to trying to fix IE, you might want to try Camino.  I use
that as my primary browser on MacOS X with no problems.  If it works for you
on the specific sites you use, it might be easier than trying to fix IE
until the next time it blows up.

Jim Crate