[X-Apps] Printing from classic mode

David Tinker dave at whateverwerx.com
Sat Mar 29 11:32:00 PST 2003

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 06:20  AM, Francine Mack wrote:

> the system was very slow. I need to
> troubleshoot that issue today. Any suggestions?

Francine

Spring cleaning, eh?

It's been a long time since I used Tech Tool, and I can't remember if
it will rebuild a defragmented HD, but here's a regimen that I use.

Go to VersionTracker and find MacJanitor. This is a utility that does
all the diagnostics that the computer would do to itself at 3 am if it
was on.

So, install that in OSX and click the "Run All" button and let it do
its thing. It takes about 3 minutes, so give it some time.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility and open that. Click on
"Repair Permissions" and let it do its thing. For an especially good
time, do it twice.

Go to System Preferences > Classic > Advanced and click on "Rebuild
Desktop" and let it do its thing.

Do the above every Sunday afternoon.

Now reboot into OS9 and run TechTool. If it has an option to
defragment, do that as well. I use DiskWarrior, supposedly the best of
the bunch.

If you want to get really, really clean, go to VersionTracker and get
FontDoctor X and run that. It looks for corrupt fonts, which can really
gum up the system. The free download will tell you which fonts are
broken so you can trash them. The paid version will fix them.

Get some more RAM, you can never have too much RAM :-)

Have fun!

Dave Tinker
WhateverWerx Multimedia