Drive 10 & Panther Compatibility (and Journaling)

Pat Ellis ellis at champlaincollege.qc.ca
Thu Nov 13 07:20:31 PST 2003

Hey there Albert,

You do not need to reformat your drives should you wish to
use Drive 10.  You can use Apple's Drive Utility to "Disable
Journaling", reboot using Drive 10 and run your optimisation.
Then boot back into Panther and run Drive Utility to re-enable
journaling.  Obviously it is not as convenient as having a utilitiy
that handles journaled volumes but at least it is still possible.

Patrick