[X-Apps] Apple Mail and Ebay formatted messages

hart at nasw.org hart at nasw.org
Wed Oct 1 07:58:26 PDT 2003

Not specific to ebay, but I've had occasional problems with Mail pretty
much all along. It's pretty slow to deal with large mailboxes.

In setting up a new G5 something went wrong in my original OS install.
This showed up mostly in a complete system freeze, always in Mail. I
don't think it was really Mail freezing the G5 (that shouldn't be
possible), but there you are.

On the G5, Mail is vastly faster.

Of course, you don't want to buy a new Mac just to get Mail to work.

Do you really need to see the images in the ebay mail? You can turn off
automatic download of images. That's better in terms of spam, and you
can still read all the text portions of html mail.

> Anyone else seeing this?  I haven't seen it on anything but HTML mail
> from Ebay.
>
> SR

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com