Panther breaks Palm HotSync?

Jim Soriano jsoriano at sumbeach.com
Sat Oct 25 13:55:43 PDT 2003

Hi all:

Looks like my installation of OS 10.3 on my TiPBG4-800 has stomped on
at least part of Palm's HotSync software.  The Palm Desktop 4.0 app
runs fine, but when I log into Panther I get the error message:

"The application 'Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a
shared library error: "8<Transport Monitor><Transport
Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>""

The error message also shows up if I try to do just about anything
other than run Palm Desktop.  When I try to reinstall the package from
the distribution I get a message saying "Sorry, the operation could not
be completed due to a System error: (Access Denied)."  I do have
administrator privileges.

Any ideas on how to fix this situation?

Regards,

Jim

(sorry for cross-posting X-Apps & TI lists)