Panther breaks Palm HotSync?

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 26 09:37:04 PST 2003

>From: Jim Soriano <jsoriano at sumbeach.com>
>Subject: [X-Apps]
>Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:55:43 -0700
>
>Hi all:
>
>Looks like my installation of OS 10.3 on my TiPBG4-800 has stomped on
>at least part of Palm's HotSync software.  The Palm Desktop 4.0 app
>runs fine, but when I log into Panther I get the error message:
>
>"The application 'Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a
>shared library error: "8<Transport Monitor><Transport
>Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>""
>
>The error message also shows up if I try to do just about anything
>other than run Palm Desktop.  When I try to reinstall the package from
>the distribution I get a message saying "Sorry, the operation could not
>be completed due to a System error: (Access Denied)."  I do have
>administrator privileges.
>
>Any ideas on how to fix this situation?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jim

Sounds like a permissions problem. Did you try repairing? I found
quite a few permissions needed fixing after my installation.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html