[X-Apps] Panther Mail

Frank M Flynn frank at declan.com
Sun Oct 26 21:46:42 PST 2003

OK - I think I understand; but I just did this and it seems to work for
me.  I set up several account on the same server and then on different
servers with the same user name in all cases I could put whatever test
name I wanted in and it did show up in the pop up.  These would be the
"Full Name" field in the accounts window under preferences.

For my wife and myself we had always had different OS accounts
(different logins to OS X).   So our email names never got messed up
but switching was painful -- This new quick switch is super cool, it's
almost worth setting up a second account so you can switch between
them.

The only problem now is sharing our address book and  this  is subtle
but irritating; that is it fights over the "My Card" entry.  Whomever
set it last tends to reset the others.  The problems is Chat (and I
thought there is a second one but I can't remember  it) will use "My
Card" as your identity.

Frank

PS. I messed up your addresses below in a vain attempt to defeat
Spammers.