PowerPoint hoses pictures in PDF output?

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 22:30:13 PDT 2003

I have a PPT presentation that I printed out as a PDF and everything
looks normal except for about 5 pictures that were originally JPEGs are
just completely hosed up multi-colored squares. Its pretty large -
about 65 pages and 70 MB with lots of images and linked movies. It
looks fine on the screen.

I don't think its the pictures themselves. One of them appears twice in
the presentation - one hosed, the other not. I was able to fix that by
deleting the hosed one and replacing it with the good copy (I have the
full version of Acrobat). But the others only appear once. I tried
creating a PDF of just one page - still hosed. I tried creating a
postscript file and running that through distiller - still hosed.

Anyone have any ideas what the cause might be, or how to fix it?

thanks,
Steve