[X-Apps] How does the safari cache work?

David Flory daflory at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 6 10:38:54 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 10:01  AM, Mike Warren wrote:

> Is there a way in Safari to force this behavior? I go to www.myway.com
> (no banners no popups) many times a day for market averages and
> headlines. If the page is no longer visible in the window, I have to
> click on the link, wait for the page to display, and then click on
> reload. Irritating.

What I do is keep  all my fequently checked URLs (< once a day) in a
folder in the URL bar. Before I click that to load or reload from the
popdown URL menu, I hit Option-Command-E and empty the cache. Then I
click on the one I want or load them all. It's a workaround but quicker
than loading and then reloading (loading the page twice.)

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory
--
Check out the marine mammals @
<http://homepage.mac.com/dflory/Menu5.html>