[X-Apps] iChat on LAN

James Reed jreed at mn.rr.com
Wed Sep 10 18:37:12 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 06:12  PM, hart at nasw.org wrote:

> It seems to me that I noticed something about using iChat on a local
> area network recently. Can anyone here point me in the right
> direction? What I want to do is send messages to other computers
> plugged into our router, no internet involved.

This works great.  Just enable local rendezvous messaging in the
preferences.  A rendezvous status window will note who is available on
the local network.  My wife and I use this to "talk" from her upstairs
computer to mine in the basement.  She has an iSight camera so she can
just talk, I need to  IM her as I don't have a mike.  Our LAN is hard
wired through a MacSense router.

HTH

James