[X-Apps] AirPort help

cheshirekat cheshirekat at cheshirekat.com
Mon Sep 29 10:54:16 PDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003, Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com, invoked powers within
the internet realm, to proclaim ...

>> Thanks. I need the next step. I hunted all over Apple's support area
>> and have a couple of pdfs. I can get a good signal and can log into the
>> base-station computer from the PowerBook. The base-station computer has
>> a good internet connection, and Internet Sharing is turned on. But the
>> PowerBook can't get internet.
>>
>> Any suggested mailing lists?
>>

>If your base station computer is running OS X you simply need to check the
>box that says "allow this computer to create networks" or some such. I'm at
>work on a PC at the moment and can't check the actual wording. The check-box
>is on the sharing panel in system prefs.

System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet ->
 Check box "Share the connection with other computers on the Built-in
Ethernet"

HTH

cheshirekat

--
Sleep after toil, port after stormy seas, ease after war, death after
life does greatly please. -Edmund Spenser, poet (1552-1599)

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.6 * 768 MB Ram *
* Addictions: iTunes 4 * WarCraft * The Sims *