Address Book

Mark Dadmun dad at utk.edu
Sun Apr 4 08:44:58 PDT 2004

Help

In one of my recent OS X upgrades my address book appears to have been
slightly mangled.  I am not sure if it is the database or the software,
but the problem appears on only one machine (of 4) .

The problem can best be described as the address book does not view
properly or run quickly.

When I start the program the correct window appears and at first glance
everything appears OK.  I have a list of addresses in the "name"
column, however in my "groups" column, I only see 'All' and
'Directories' but have many more groups.  Now, when I click in the box,
I can make other groups appear (that I had previously made) but when I
do that, the program appears to lock up.  I say 'appears', because if I
wait long enough, something always happens, but it can be 30 seconds or
3 minutes.   The same thing happens when I try to search for a name,
slow (to no) motion.

Any help would be appreciated

I am using a Dual 867 G4; 512 Ram; OS X 10.3.3

TIA,

Mark

Mark Dadmun						(865) 975-6582 [Phone]
Associate Professor					(865)974-3454  [Fax]
Chemistry Department				Dad at utk.edu
University of Tennessee				web.utk.edu/~dad