[X-Apps] converting wordperfect files to Word v. X

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Wed Apr 21 14:54:57 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004, at 16:54 Canada/Eastern, Raoul Armfield
wrote:
> On Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004, at 16:43 Canada/Eastern, Robert Poland
> wrote:
>
>> Check here http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html
>> They seem to think it still works.
>
> Thanks but the problem is that we do not even have the media for any
> version of WP for mac.

What does "we do not even have the media" mean? The link Bob provided
gives you all the instructions on how to download and install a full
working copy of Wordperfect Mac which functions in Classic emulation.
It's a free solution, which will allow you to open WPD files and save
them in Word format.

Alternatively, you can use MacLink Plus v14 from DataViz
<http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/mlp_xlators.html>, which
is probably the optimal, though not free, solution.

If you come to Mac OS X from earlier versions of Mac OS, scour your
archives for copies of older applications with the required
translators, e.g., Quark 3 or 4, Word 98, PageMaker 6.5, and so on.