Keyboard commands for iTunes

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Fri Apr 23 13:10:31 PDT 2004

In classic, there was a shareware cdev called "cd-key" that used the
Function keys to control music CDs: F1-F10 for tracks, Shift for tracks
11-20, F11 & 12 for skip back & forward, etc. Is there anything like
that for iTunes? When I'm working on a project and need to pause iTunes
to listen to my wife, I want a quick keystroke--choosing Pause from the
dock icon is too slow.

Is there an app that'll let me control iTunes with the keyboard from
another app?

And on another related topic: What would be *really* cool: having it
launch iTunes on a remote Mac, so while my wife is sitting in the
living room at home, I can, from the office next door (Airport), have
iTunes in the living room start playing a song to let her know I'm
thinking of her. But that would probably require something like
Timbuktu, although something similar could be done with iChat, I'm
guessing.

--
  |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale