[X-Apps] Ichat no longer launches

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 3 21:19:26 PDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 22:04, Steve wrote:

> I'm unable to launch iChat.
> Re-installing does not work.
> I have installed and uninstalled two programs purported to enhance
> iChat. I
> have uninstalled them and can no longer use iChat. Can anyone make
> sense of
> this error log?

On Aug 3, 2004, at 22:04, Steve wrote:

> I'm unable to launch iChat.

In all of your User accounts, or just one?

> Re-installing does not work.

What version, OS, iChat etc.

> I have installed and uninstalled two programs purported to enhance
> iChat.

Which programs?

> have uninstalled them and can no longer use iChat.

How did you uninstall them?

>  Can anyone make sense of
> this error log?

Not at all. Sorry.

I would log in as a different user, see if iChat works there. If it
does, then the problem is with your account and likely a preference
file, look in User folder>Library>Preferences and then look for
com.apple.iChat.AIM.plist and/or com.apple.iChat.plist. Move both out
of the Preferences folder and try starting iChat. If it does start, you
will likely have to reset some of your settings.

If it doesn't start for another user, then I'd be running some
diagnostics on the HD. Start with Disk Utility, see what it says/does,
then perhaps run Preferential Treatment to check on and repair any
messed up preference files.