[X-SW] Dell printer on G5?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sat Dec 4 06:42:28 PST 2004

> I got as far as downloading the hopefully matched 5150
>driver, but stalled when trying to install it as a remote when it would not
>accept the IP address of the Dell (figuring it shared the IP address with
>the computer).

It would not share an IP address. Every IP addressable device must have its own IP address else it wouldn't be addressable.

The only way that you will be able to print to a printer is to either share it via the PC's printer sharing capability, or to have a printer driver on the Mac and share the printer as a network printer. This would be only if the printer was able to be connected to the network as opposed to your PC computer.
--

Robert Ameeti

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.