Sharing a Virtual PDF Printer

Tiernan O'Toole tiernanotoole at mac.com
Wed Feb 4 13:50:46 PST 2004

Ok. i have a windows box, a linux box, and my iMac G3 all on a network at home, and would like to print PDF files using my windows and linux box. unfortunitly, any software i have found for this is not free or prints in black and white, where color would be better. i read here (http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031116190809396) about setting up a virtual PDF printer, and was wondering about making that visible for the other computers on the network. i have tried the tip, dident work first time around, but found out why. you need ghostscript installed, and i think it comes with fink, which i havent managed to get installed either, but plan to. anyway, has anyone tried this, and if so, can the printer be shared?
Thanks in advance.

Lotas T Smartman, MCP
www.lotas-smartman.net
www.the-hairy-one.com