[X-Apps] Shrinking PDFs

Stephen Hart hart at nasw.org
Thu Feb 5 07:58:57 PST 2004

> I was afraid of that.  I don't scan often, thank goodness, but I do
> create PDFs of "regular" work relatively often.  The tips that have
> been posted here will come in handy.  Thanks.
>
> ---John.

By coincidence, there's a thread on pdfs going on in the GoLive list.
You can see the archives here:
<http://www.listsearch.com/golivetalk.lasso>.

One poster (from Adobe) recommended using the virtual printer that gets
installed when you install the full Acrobat. The full version of
Acrobat comes with Distiller. Several of the Adobe products also print
good pdfs from the application.

Another suggested this article, which discusses some nearly hidden ways
to tweak OS X's pdf printing capabilities.
<http://www.pdfzone.com/news/705-PDFzone_news.html>

Stephen Hart
http://eugraph.com