Help: 2nd E-Mail Account in mac.mail.com

Albert D'Amanda adamanda at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 09:17:15 PST 2004

I am having problems adding a second e-mail account/new address  using
the same Incoming mail server mail.mac.com

According to mail Help:
Open Mail Preferences ;
*Select add(+) POP ;  type in a new account name  and  a new  e-mail
address;
  *Keep the same incoming Mail Server (mail.mac.com) and type in a new
User name and new Password.
Close and Save.

When I send a test message to the new e-mail address from my existing
e-mail account, I get error messages asking me for my password( for the
2nd account). When I re-enter it , I get errors messages saying that
mail.mac.com does not recognize the password for the new account.
Get a returned mail notice-telling me that mail.mac.com does not
recognize the new alias

Bottom line is that apparently  I do not know what I am doing wrong!

  My question is:
Has anyone out there , using mac.mail.com  , successfully opened up a
second  e-mail account and how did you do it?

BY THE WAY: I have not even addressed the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)
block, but that comes later!

Thanks to all that reply

Albert
Dual 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4