[X-Apps] No AVI playback

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 1 23:30:35 PST 2004

On 1/2/04 2:52, "John McGilvary" <jmcgilvary at mac.com> wrote:

> I am having a problem playing AVI files.
> I have Divx (most recent version), QT 6.5.
> When  try to launch a file, I get that the software needed is missing,
> and then I get that it is not found on the QT server.
> Any ideas?

There are some AVI formats that cannot be played back on the Mac. You can
try a program called VLC, but it can't play them all either.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .