Problem with Adaptec 2906 or Agfa ScanWise X

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 27 13:29:58 PST 2004

The last thing I tried today in checking out my Post-Panther system
seems to be hosed - my scanner software can't find my SCSI scanner
anymore. I did some web searching, and I'm not sure whether its the
Adaptec 2906 card that doesn't work correctly in Panther, or the Afga
ScanWise X program that communicates with the scanner. In any case,
I've got the latest software for both, but the Adaptec 1.1 driver and
ScanWise X 2.1fc2 are both pretty old. Web searching turns up a lot of
similar trouble reports, but no solutions. Anyone here found a
solution?

Thanks,
SR