[X-Apps] Problem with Adaptec 2906 or Agfa ScanWise X

Suzanne wrightmiller at peoplepc.com
Wed Jan 28 10:05:37 PST 2004

I am having a problem since 10.3 with a scsi card and a scanner too.

My scanner software finds the scanner but it runs halfway and stops (most of
the time) or it runs the whole routine but doesn't show a preview. It's a
really nice scanner (8.5x14, slide attachment, etc). I assumed it was broken
(maybe it is). I haven't used it enough for it to be dead.

I checked the scsi support by using my zip drive. It works. I moved them
around on the scsi chain, I removed all but the scanner (I have a terminator
at the end of the chain.) I updated the VueScan software but of no avail.
Since I can scan to print I think it might be the software but VueScan says
it works in 10.3... Does anyone out there have VueScan and a scsi scanner or
even VueScan that is working consistently in 10.3?

My scsi card was installed by apple so it is not the problem I read about
relating to third party scsi cards... Also a Adaptec 2906 card. I checked at
Adaptec and my driver is the most current.

I have a REALLY weird thing going on in my system profile (I liked the look
of 10.2 better BTW). It shows under my scsi bus not two items (my zip and my
scanner) but my zip and my scanner 8 times!) I only had one scanner in 10.2.
The zip is set at 5 and the scanner at 6 but what are all these LUN #s?

SCSI Bus:
IOMEGA ZIP 100:
  Manufacturer:    IOMEGA
  Model:    ZIP 100