[X-Apps] Quicken PC to Mac Quicken

Derek Cooper derek at derekcooper.com
Thu Jan 29 07:05:05 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: W Lane
Sent: January 29, 2004 10:01 AM

> Anyone been down this road and have suggestions that I can pass on to
> him and create a new Mac user.
> Russell.

I made the switch a short while back, but have noticed that some
applications are considerably more money on the Mac platform than Windows.
As a result, I keep a Windows laptop to do all my book-keeping. I use
QuickBooks on Windows to manage my business, but not Quicken for personal
finance - they're subscription model is a recipe for paying way too much
money. I thus elected to use MS Money which has no equivalent on the Mac
platform.

QuickBooks on the Windows platform can be acquired for ~CDN$250. QuickBooks
for Mac starts at CDN$550. Something your friend may want to consider as he
contemplates making the switch. My entire studio is now Mac (Photography)
and I'm glad I made the switch. The Windows box is around just for
accounting.

Cheers,

Derek Cooper Photography
www.derekcooper.com