Movie Size and iMovie

John McGilvary jmcgilvary at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 16:04:23 PST 2004

Used my Interview (Xlr8) Video Capture system for the first time to
capture a movie from my Hi-8 camera.
The system works better than I thought.
It saves the video as a proprietary type file, but has a program that
will export it to a DV stream. Not to slow either (G4 1.25 with 1.75 GB
Ram)
Having done this, a 10 minute file is 2.1 GB.
Little did I know that iMovie has a limit as to how large a DV file it
will open.
The point? I need a video editor to cut the movie into sections that
are more manageable. And, once I do that, can I  take the cut down
files, edit them, and then merge them later in iMovie?
Thanks,
John