[X-Apps] Expander is unreliable

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 4 05:32:31 PDT 2004

On 5/4/04 2:26 PM, "Dale Critchley" <dale at infinityltd.org> wrote:

> I've been downloading a bunch of stuff from VersionTracker & other
> places, and I've found that about half of it won't decode/expand/unzip.
> I'm fairly sure that the downloads are completing, and I'm pretty sure
> the problem is with Stuffit Expander. Anyone else encounter these
> problems?

When that's happened I've redownloaded and things worked fine. I'm not sure
it's Expander; in fact, I wonder if it's not Safari. I Dled a bunch of zip
archives the other day, and neither Expander nor the Finder could open them.
I redownloaded them, and they were fine.

Kirk

              Co-author of Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out
                http://www.mcelhearn.com/insideout.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .