[X-SW] Office 2004 Mac install issue

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Fri Aug 26 23:52:33 PDT 2005

Hi,

Just visited a client with the following setup:

1 x brand new G5 iMac running Mac OS 10.4
1 x 2nd hand eMac

1 x copy of teacher version (3 licences) of Office 2004 Mac.

The install on the iMac was faultless.

The eMac is a different issue.

As it was 2nd Hand we restored it to "out of the box" with the
supplied DVD's (no old data remained on the machine). That brought it
to 10.3.9. we then upgraded it to 10.4 using a fresh copy bought by
the
client.

Trying to install Office the following happened. Using the setup
assistant, the first screen was OK (telling us to be logged in as an
admin user and have no virus checking software installed). We then
accepted the licence agreement and the assistant closed down and
didn't proceed any further.

Trying to drag the Office '04 folder off the CD did install
everything but now when launching any '04 product we are presented
with the licence screen and when I "accept" it closes down (no chance
to input product key and the apps certainly don't launch).

The /library/Preferences/Microsoft folder is empty.

Running Disk Utility and repairing permissions didn't change matters either.

Upgrading the eMac to 10.4.2 resulted in no change, nor did manually
downloading and installing the various Office '04 patches.

Any ideas?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

All I know is that I am not a Marxist. -- Karl Marx