[X-SW] usenet newsreader

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 8 12:45:59 PDT 2005

     I'm trying to find usable Usenet newsreader and coming up with
programs that are clunky.  I'm wondering what other people are using.

     Most of the ones I tried will get all messages from a group,
rather than just headers.  This is a big waste of time, since I
usually want to just browse the headers and read a few messages.

     Some will download all messages from all subscribed groups
automatically.  This means either I can't subscribe to any groups or
must wait a long time for this operation to finish before I can look
at a few messages.

     I am hoping to find something with features similar to Agent on
Windoze platform.  Anyone have a suggestion?

                                                 Peter