[X-SW] Re: Acrobat Reader question

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Mar 29 05:31:51 PST 2005

>I think the recent Acrobat 7, available for free, offers to fill out
>such forms http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrwhatsnew.html.
>I haven't had to try this, so I have to guess whether this
>advertisement is true.

Every version of Reader has filled in forms. But...

The pdf must be designed as a form for any program to be able to
easily put the data in the right spot. Acrobat could have been used
to create the fields for the data or it may just be a graphic of the
original form. Reader can fill in the form and then you can print it
with no saving of data in the pdf. Or Acrobat can be used and a form
can be completed and the data saved in the pdf.

Do note that Adobe Reader is the free program, and Acrobat is the
full featured creator of pdfs.